Ellicott City Fitness- Getting Fit in Howard County
We, Howard County residents, are blessed to live in one of the best counties in the nation. We have access to the best health food stores like Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Mom's, and other local markets. We even have our own county farmers market. We have all types of gyms, health clubs, golf clubs, bootcamps, studios, in home personal trainers, and recreational leagues. The list goes on and on!
Okay okay we get it.. HoCo is awesome..and waiting in rush hour traffic by Centennial Park is enough of a workout..what's your point? While most people have the knowledge on how to live a healthy life, they sometimes fail to put that knowledge into practice. In this post, I'll discuss 5 easy and fun ways to improve your fitness in Howard County.
1) Centennial Park- This is arguably one of the most popular places to get active in Howard County. From canoeing, tennis courts, basketball, full length fields, playgrounds for the kids, and hiking, getting active at the park is easy to do. The hard part is finding a parking spot! *TOP SECRET INFO* ...the entrance right past Old Annapolis Rd is almost always quiet and perfect for outdoor workouts, tennis, or runs. Alpha Ridge Park is also a good alternative if you live closer to Marriottsville.
2) Roger Carter Center- A few of my regular clients tell me about the renovations that this facility has undergone. I have not seen the inside of the Carter Center yet, but I hear it is state of the art with new equipment, a swimming pool, and costs next to nothing to join! Click here to find out more about the
Does Michael Phelps train here..?!?
3) Hiking- Patapsco Valley State Park is one of the best places to go hiking in Maryland. I recommend the Daniels Area on a hot day; plenty of shade and cool water.
Click here to check out the best hiking trails in Howard County!
4) Jogging and/or Running- Every high school in the county is equipped with their own outdoor track. If you don't feel comfortable walking around a track, your neighborhood is always a safe bet. Fit it into your routine after/before work or dinner. Researchers have even linked daily walks to a number of positive health outcomes.
5) Outdoor bootcamps with the Progressive Athletics team- We do our best to host and deliver fun, yet challenging bootcamps. Connect with us on Facebook to find out when/where our next group training session will be! We understand that exercise can sometimes feel boring, so what better way to get up and moving with the PA team!